Based in Slovakia
Press / Business contact:
Near the Fear is a roguelite racing game set in surreal world of subconscious. Embark on a dark trip into hidden places of your psyche. Will you shine light on your inner demons or hide in the shadows? Embrace the failure and become stronger for it.
EMBRACE THE FAILURE AND BECOME STRONGER FOR IT
Drive to survive on ever-changing (procedural generation + handcrafting) tracks where everything is trying to stop you. Unlock permanent upgrades and get random temporary upgrades that change how you play each run. Every time you fail you move closer to your goals.
WORLD BALANCE MECHANIC
The way you play the game, shapes the world around you. The game is build around two different playstyles - exposure vs. avoidance. Each approach has its own pros and cons and changes tracks, environments and access to upgrades, thus creating different experience.
- unique combination of racing genre and roguelite gameplay loop
- gameplay mechanics that reflect real-world techniques of dealing with fear (exposure vs. avoidance)
- unique "World Balance" mechanic that changes tracks and environments based on your playstyle
- surreal setting with dreamy landscapes and nightmarish depictions
- driving on the edge where every input matters
There are far more images available for Boris Kudlač, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Team & Repeating Collaborator